COVID-19 Updates & Resources
Last Updated: 3/26/20 1:52 p.m. MDT
We will continue updating this page as the situation continues to develop.
American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) and the Owner-Operator Independent Driver Association Foundation (OOIDA Foundation) are conducting a joint research study to understand the numerous impacts that the coronavirus pandemic is having on trucking operations. Anyone involved in trucking operations is urged to respond.
At this time, all upcoming WTA events are currently on schedule, but WTA is monitoring the situation very closely and will keep you updated with any changes.
WTA offices are open and fully operational at this time to answer any of your questions or fill supply orders.
- 3/25/20 The IRS has posted Filing and Payment Deadline Questions and Answers addressing the federal filing and payment extension to July 15, 2020
- 3/25/20 FMCSA has provided Drug & Alcohol Testing Guidance
- 3/24/20 FMCSA provides Enforcement Notice on Expiring CDLs
- 3/24/20 FMCSA grants waiver from certain regulations for states, CDL holders, CLP holders and interstate drivers operating commercial motor vehicles
- 3/23/20 PHMSA issues a Notice of Enforcement Policy Relating to HazMat Training
- 3/23/20 ODAPC has posted Drug & Alcohol Testing Guidance
- 3/19/20 The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19
- 3/18/20 President Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201) into law, which will go into effect within 15 days, and last until December 31, 2020
- Division C, Division E, and Division G of the Bill address the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and the Tax Credits for Paid Sick and Paid Family and Medical Leave.
- 3/18/20 USDOT Expands National Emergency Declaration for Commercial Vehicles Delivering Relief in Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak – Learn more or see Frequently Asked Questions
See FMCSA’s Emergency Declaration Page (UPDATED 3/26/20) for the latest notices, updates and FAQs on the Expanded Emergency Declaration Under 49 CFR § 390.23 No. 2020-002 (relating to COVID-19).
American Trucking Association’s website is a great resource for the latest COVID-19 news as it relates to trucking on the federal level.
- 3/24/20 Effective March 25, 2020, Governor Gordon has issued a third closure order closing nail salons, barber shops, massage parlors, tattoo and piercing shops and similar businesses to the public
- 3/24/20 Governor Gordon has issued an Executive Order extending the expiration date for drivers licenses and ID cards and suspending non-commercial driving tests
- 3/20/20 The Wyoming Department of Health has issued a public health order forbidding gatherings of ten or more people, in accordance with White House Guidelines, effective immediately and staying in effect until April 3, 2020 – Read the order
- 3/20/20 IRP and IFTA requirements are temporarily suspended for any motor vehicle engaged in interstate emergency relief efforts and traveling through the state of Wyoming as part of the emergency relief, and Wyoming IRP Vehicle Registrations expiring on or after March 20, 2020 are extended until further notice – Learn more or read the executive order
- 3/20/20 Governor Gordon has ordered the closure of all bars, gyms, schools and other public spaces across Wyoming until April 3, 2020 – Learn more
Wyoming state government’s COVID-19 webpage offers a single location with information and resources from multiple state agencies in response to the pandemic.
Casper Star Tribune’s coronavirus coverage is free to read on their website, which is continually updated with the latest coronavirus developments in Wyoming.
- Wyoming Department of Health’s Novel Coronavirus website – for the most current information about coronavirus risk and recommendations in Wyoming
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website – contains comprehensive national and international COVID-19 information as well as travel advisory information
- CDC quick information videos – informational videos on how to keep yourself and those around you protected from the coronavirus
- CDC’s guidance for the business community – details strategies businesses and employers can use
- Wyoming Department of Workforce Services’ (DWS) information page – intended to help Wyoming employers and workers prevent exposure to and infection from COVID-19
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (PDF) – from the Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce guidance documents – contains resources and guidelines for businesses
As the COVID-19 outbreak is rapidly evolving, we encourage employers, workers and the public to frequently monitor these resources for updates
We urge you to use caution – and urge your employees to do the same. We will continue to monitor the situation and pass along current advice and guidance as it becomes available – as well as updates on the status of WTA meetings and events if plans change.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact WTA staff at (307) 234-1597 or firstname.lastname@example.org.